How to Use GTDNext
Before you start using GTDNext
- Create Areas of Focus (Work, Personal, etc) using the Area link in the left panel
- Add items to your inbox by emailing email@example.com from the email account you registered your account
- You can also create up to five custom emails that can be used from any email account. Go to setting inside the app to create these emails.
- Or click in the "Create new action" text box on the top bar of the app to quickly add items to the inbox (or press TAB+N)
- All items added to the inbox appear on the top of your project list automatically
- Use the "Projects and Actions" list to edit your projects and actions - Are they active, waiting or to be done someday?
- Watch this tip video for a good overview of processing your inbox.
- Use the "Projects and Actions" view to organize your projects and actions
- Easily add projects and sub-projects to give your projects structure
- The top most action in each project or sub-project is automatically marked as your "Next Action"
- Use the edit pane to add tags and select the Area for your projects, sub-projects and actions
- Use the Action mode under advanced settings to turn a node into a checklist. All items beneath will be checklist items.
- Use the "Next Action" list to view all your next actions - Filter this list by Area of Tag.
- You can click the "Focus" icon to add the item to your Focus List
- Work out of your next action list or from the focus list if you want to concentrate on the most important items
- As you complete actions you can check them off
- You can view your completed items in project view by selecting the filter button at the top right of the project view
Video Walk-throughThe below video provides a complete walk-through of GTDNext. (Watch in full screen mode)
A few of the many keyboard shortcut keys we offer:
Press TAB+N to open the Create New Action quick entry pane
Press TAB+Q, W or E to focus on the first, second or third window pane
Press TAB+P to open or close the Edit pane
Press TAB+1 to 9 to jump to a different list
Complete list of keyboard shortcuts can be found inside the app on the left panel