I suggest you ...

Templates & Copy Projects

Where I have a number of projects which are identical but for different clients it would be useful to be able to create a template which I can then copy or at least be able to copy an existing project and re-name it.

For each project there are 20(ish) standard steps and its quite time consuming to enter these individually for the number of projects I have on the go.

I imagine this would be relatively straightforward to implement?

124 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Matthew Green shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Serious deal breaker for me too... every project has the same 12 to 15 steps in the pipeline... really need the ability to save a sample of each to the template folder and copy to create the next project.
    Can add 15 or more in a day so time spent typing is not an option. thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking to move from Toodledo - I like GTDNext Pro but without this feature it'll have to be MLO

• noahimself commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, this is such an essential and basic feature that should have been implemented already!

• Trish P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, too, have a pressing need for the ability to create templated items, especially projects, but also some complex tasks that are similar but not identical. The ability to a) mark an item as a template so it is hidden from any of the current lists and will not show up in next actions or focus and b) allow me to clone a fully-set up item would definitely be a requirement in my workflow.

• John Mauney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would vote for this if it worded in a more generic way.

I.E. the ability copy/duplicate elements, whatever they are (projects, actions, etc)

You could create your templates from that

• Paulo Amancio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 on this idea

I am starting with GTDNext today and the first thing I was looking for was to be able to copy tasks and/or entire projects, because i have some projects that have always the same structure

explaining better: i deliver like 15 technical proposals per mont, for each proposal i have to read techinical specifications, do from 5 to 10 calculations procedures, fill the techinical proposal and deliver specific informations for other persons, this will be like 20 steps, so would be nice to have a pre-set structute ready before beginning each proposal

• Carol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, too, have projects like that - several, in fact. So I enthusiastically +1 this idea!

Thanks, Carol

Feedback and Knowledge Base